Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New GP and Feeling Much Better

I had my first visit yesterday with my new GP. An old school friend recommended her, She bulk bills and specializes in female health.  Well I could not fault her, she checked me all over, did my BP without me having to ask for it to be done. She even felt my belly ( That hasn't been done properly since I first went to my FS) and gave me my flu needle. She took great interest in all of my test and scan results, that I had with me. My old GP faxed though some of my files, but it seemed that there wasn't all that much to them even thou I have been at the clinic for over 10 years and with my old GP since I was born  Luckily I kept a copy of my referral to Dr Carmady and also the copy of the report that he sent to my GP as they all were left off of my medical file that was sent. Tomorrow I am off to have some blood and urine test to check a few things and she urged me to see my FS as soon as possible, she said that I should have a scan to check my uterus etc as I seem to be very tender still. I had already made an appointment for Tuesday next week  and she happily gave me a new referral to my FS so that no information goes back to my old GP.

She even made time to ask me how I was feeling emotionally and checked that I had lots of support and offered me counselling if I felt I needed it. I told her I had a great support network at home and here on the forum. She said that sometimes families can give to much support  I totally agreed.

I feel so much better knowing that I have been checked over and that my concerns were listen to and heard. I didn't have to explain to her that I just had a feeling something wasn't right, she knew what I meant.

Now all I need now is Echo's test results to come back and to be checked over by FS and I think I am almost ready to start TTCing again. So much so that I rang my clinic this afternoon to check if they are doing a FET cycle in May (Remember that everyone cycles together at Monash Rockhampton). I am to ring when I have day 1 and we will go from there 

No comments: